Proprietors: Nicholas E Potts FDSc., MBIE, Dip FD, MBIFD and Mrs Carole A Potts in association with Mrs Natalie Smith SMBIE.
Our Funeral Services
Our funeral services are very personal and we look for ways to make each funeral a special and memorable occasion for our families.
Our aim is to provide a complete service to our families, based on integrity and trust.
With over 25 years’ experience we’ve built extensive knowledge of Norfolk and the surrounding areas. In this time, we’ve also developed fantastic relationships with a host of local suppliers meaning we tailor every funeral to the family’s needs and wants. We can also provide you with all the help and advice you need surrounding documentation, registration, benefits and probate.
- Detailed arrangements for cremation or burial
- Help and advice regarding all documentation including registration, benefits and probate
- Use of our extensive local knowledge
- Accredited funeral pre-payment scheme by Golden Charter
- Printing funeral stationery
- Horse-drawn hearse
- Motorcycle funerals
- Dove release
- Listing of messages on floral tributes and mourners attending
- Advice on, and supply of high quality memorials
- Arranging catering and venue
- National and international repatriation of deceased
- Notices in local and national newspapers
- Handling charitable donations
Types of Funeral Service
At Nicolas E Potts and Daughter, we can facilitate a wide range of funeral arrangements to suit all religious persuasions.
If you’re looking for something conventional then we can facilitate the traditional religious burial or cremation. For those looking for a non-religious service, we also offer humanist and civil funerals to celebrate the life of your loved one.
If you’re concerned with the environmental impacts of traditional cremations then we also offer a range of eco-friendly burial and cremations through our chosen partners at GreenAcres Cemetery in Colney just outside Norwich, Norfolk.
The Finer Touches
Whilst we’re able to offer a vast range of venue and catering options, we understand that it’s the small things that gives a funeral service that personal touch. That’s why we partner with a range of funeral suppliers that can provide just that.
We operate a modern Mercedes fleet, but we can provide a range of other marques on request. We can even organise for horse-drawn hearses or motorcycle funeral services.
We can advise on and supply high-quality memorials designed with your material, shape, colour and wording preferences in mind.
There are many types of floral arrangements available including wreaths, arrangements and coffin sprays. We can also organise the listing of messages on the floral tributes and mourners in attendance.
Finer touches such printed funeral stationary is a simple way of personalising a funeral and provides an opportunity to create a unique commemoration for attendants to remember their loved ones by. We partner with local stationers and printers to offer you a wide range of stationary options.
If you’d live to pay a moving tribute, then a dove release is the perfect way to do so. It respectfully brings a sense of serenity to a soothe family and friends during a tough time.
We’ll even handle the notices in local and national newspapers as well as any charitable donations, taking the stress off you during these difficult times.
We will discuss individual requirements at the arrangement meeting or as a telephone quotation.
Funeral costs come in two parts:
- The funeral director's fees
- Expenses paid out on the client's behalf, sometimes known as disbursements
Our fees include:
- Professional services, including documentation
- Use of our private Chapel of Rest and premises
- The attendance of the funeral director and staff
- Provision of a coffin or casket of the client's choice
- Conveyance of the deceased from the place of death to our premises
- Care of the deceased and Chapel visits
- Hearse and mourning cars if required
Disbursements commonly comprise:
- Crematorium or cemetery fees
- Doctors' fees
- Church, organist, officiant or minister's fee
- Opening of grave and purchasing of plot if necessary
- Newspaper notices
- Floral tributes
Written confirmation of arrangements and estimate of costs are always given.
Local direct cremation available. This is becoming more popular, often as a low cost, no fuss option. Find out more here.